1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-58h filter plug blow out

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bubbles10, Jan 22, 2012.

1. bubbles10

bubbles10 Member

i have a question i was out plowing yesterday just finishing the last lot and the filter plug on the pump blew out when i went to raise the plow. the thing is brand new only second storm it was used in anyone else have the same problem
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Brand new or rebuilt? Sounds like someone may have set the pressure way too high. It may of had damaged threads or not been completely tight. pics?
  3. bubbles10

bubbles10 Member

its brand new only second push. and no pic sorry when i screw it back in it seemed to have seal but i checked it out today looks like fluid is running out of it I'm going to call meyers tomorrow
  4. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

Thats very strange. The e-58h is pretty bulletproof. Are you sure it was tightened down?