1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-58 vent

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dlcs, Feb 3, 2011.

1. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

After i got doen plowing this last blizzard, I noticed a little plow fluid on my truck grill, very little but noticable. My e-58h doesn't normally spit any fluid out the vent, what would make it do it now? Pump fluid was changed in the fall and doesn't seem to be freezing, it was -5 this morning. What would cause this, this plow was worked really hard this last storm, would that have anythign to do with this? Oh and I haven't had to add any fluid since i changed it in the fall, plow has been used lots since then. This pump is on a ez classice mount.

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Well can't get it to leak at the vent while someone is running the plow up and down. Hoses looks good. I did notice the ram is a little wet with oil and there was a small bit on oil on the top cap, nothing running down the pump. I'm wondering if the big o ring is leaking. But from my expirience with the o ring leaking on the base is that oil would be running all down the sides of the pump and not so much spraying on the grill. Can't get it to leak while I'm watching.

3. bmwmichael110

bmwmichael110 Junior Member
    from Granby

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue.

4. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

if you over-filled the tank with fluid, it will release the excess hydraulic fluid out of that vent until it "finds" its level. it wont hurt anything besides getting some hydraulic fluid on your vehicle grill/hood if the hole in the vent is facing the truck.

5. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Are you sure its coming out the vent? The main lift seal is the usual point where fluid comes out, usually oozes out, and down the front of the reservoir. If you get up to speed, that will spray back at the radiator. If you use the wrong fluid (like atf), that will also be a problem, can cause it to FROTH and definitely force out anything that doesn't perfectly seal.

When filling the reservoir, make certain that the cylinder is all the way DOWN. If it is up at all, then when it does drop fully, it will be forced out either the vent or the seal. It can sometimes blow the seal out.