1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-58 problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ibuildme42, Nov 1, 2015.

1. ibuildme42

ibuildme42 Junior Member
    from Ohio

It moves fine and everything but when I let it sit even for 10 minutes, the cold makes it very hard to move. It drags very slow at first so I have to warm it up and really move it back/forth and up and down. Is water getting into the pump? Are seals shot? Im trying to get everything in working order before I have to deal with it in the winter so any help is appreciated.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

whens the last time you changed the fluid, and the filters?
    is there any fluid leaking out anywhere?

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Like SS said first thing to do is change fluid and filters. Make sure you are using Meyer fluid or an equivalent, Meyer pumps hate ATF. How does the wiper seal look on the lift ram? If it is cracked there is a good chance water is getting in the pump. When changing fluid make sure you drain angle rams also.

4. ibuildme42

ibuildme42 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Ive changed the fluid m,multiple times last season but not the filters. And from what I remember, it leaked out of the top.

5. ibuildme42

ibuildme42 Junior Member
    from Ohio

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

That should be correct wiper seal but I would also suggest you get the O rings for the top cap and lift tube at the minimum.