1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-57 Wiring help please.....

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by nightwalks, Jan 27, 2011.

1. nightwalks

nightwalks Member

I have a Meyer classic series E-57 unit with the square touch pad I took of my Dodge (never used it, bought and sold the Dodge). I just installed it on my '03 Chevy Silverado and have a few issues:

There is a main solonoid for the motor, it only has 1 lead (white) controlling it, how does it work without the use of both relay terminals? I believe the orange wire is ground, correct? The fused blue lead I attached to + Does anyone have a detailed wiring diagram for this system? The Meyers one doesn't show relay/solonoid terminals in detail.

I am only getting clicking on the left, not the right button, and further, I am only getting a mild clicking on the up/down button. When I applied 12+ to the red solonoid, it clicks loud, the green softer and the black really soft, is this normal?

Lastly, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the night saber 2 lights with the individual modules? Appreciate your help. Mark

2. MSplowing

MSplowing Member
    from Indiana

If you go to millsupply.com got to the meyer plow parts and their is a wiring diagram that will show you how its suppose to be wired up. If you cant find it let me know and i'll try and dig the link up. Now as for the clicking, if you have wired correctly from the diagram see if you have power going to your coils if not replace your solenoid. In most cases i have had if all im getting is a clicking noise when the control is activated its the solenoid bad.

3. nightwalks

nightwalks Member

Great site, but no wiring diagrams..:( Ill replace the solenoid tomorrow and see how I make out. Thanks!

4. MSplowing

MSplowing Member
    from Indiana

Try this... http://www.rustrepair.com/app2/onlinecat.htm?r=ms&p=sn Once there go to meyer plow parts, on the left side of that page under select a parts page scroll through it and there is one close to the bottom that says wiring diagram thats what you need to look at, I tried to get the exact link but thats all i could get

5. nightwalks

nightwalks Member

Found it, thanks!

6. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

7. nightwalks

nightwalks Member

All set, thanks guys!