1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-57 stuck in angle left

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by don1952, Dec 23, 2011.

1. don1952

don1952 Junior Member

Extreme high pressure in right side hose when removed and presure is relesed can move plow back to center or right by hand.

I did the following:

Repalced "C" coil, and selonoid, replaced all couplers, had stops welded per meyers trouble shooting guide. Had king bolt repalced and hole resized.

What next ?

Have no idea at this point.

Thanks

Don

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Did you replace the C valve? Also if you can angle the blade by hand when the hoses are hooked up you need to check the Crossover valve. Sounds like you might of struck something damaging the C valve and crossover valve. I am guessing it still goes up and down fine?

3. don1952

don1952 Junior Member

Replaced the C valve, replaced the couplers, cnnot move plow by hand until hose are disconnected from ram, hoses are under high pressure couplers cannot be removed untill pressure is released.
    goes up and down with no problem.

I am thinking of gett my old couplers drill out pins maybe the new coulers are bad as well.

Got stuck in left angle right after the C valve was installed

Had pump/motor tested on testing rack everyting was OK.

Once I release the pressure I can move by hand.

4. kimber750

Check for magnetism at the C coil. If no magnetism check for power with a test light. IF you have power and no magnetism, coil is bad. If no power, need to check connections and controller. Think you have a bad connection or a bad coil. Had a brand new coil work for only a few minutes before.

edit

One other thing, if you have power to the coil and no magnetism, try cleaning the points the coil contacts the valve. Sometimes they do not ground properly.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  5. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

its not couplers or stops turn in cross over releife valve all the way see if it works if so your cross over needs reset or replaced how old is pump it might be bad c coil seals or bad coil even no they are new pull back out and look at o rings real good and take rag and make sure their is no old o ring still in pump check coil to make sure it magnatized when actavated

6. don1952

don1952 Junior Member

Thanks, will try checking for seal issues and possible old seal in block. I do not think it is the any of the coils, I switch them around and function were off from switch panel but did get two different functions to work.

Can you purchase jsut a seal kit since the C valve is new?

thanks

Don

7. kimber750

If the seals on C valve were leaking it would get locked to left and build pressure, since bad orings would let the pressure bleed off. Also you would be able to angle the blade by hand with the hoses connected to the pump. You have something that is not allowing the fluid to flow to the left side angling ram. Has to be no power to coil, bad coil, or bad valve. Need to check for magnetism and see if power is coming to the C coil. Very possible that controller is the issue not sending signal to the C coil. You can also try removing the C valve and use a small allen wrench to push on the plunger inside. you should be able to push it in a short distance, it should also spring back. I have attached the flow charts for left and right.

To answer your question thou, yes you can buy just the seal kits.

1-562 R16.pdf (application-pdf Object)_1324750029723.jpg

1-562 R16.pdf (application-pdf Object)_1324750056684.jpg

8. kimber750

One more thing you can try to see if the controller is the issue. Switch the red and green wire connections at the pump, press up. If the blade goes right your controller is the issue.

9. don1952

don1952 Junior Member

Controller,

going to try your suggestions, I do not have a controller, it the old three switch set up. When hit the switch to go right a motor is running, Will switch wires that is easy enough, Then will foll with the C valve.

Thanks

Don

10. don1952

don1952 Junior Member

replaced the cross over valve, replaced with new style, looks like when I hit the angle switch it seems like it wants only to go to angle left. when hitting swithc right or left.
    Still have the hight pressure issues at the coupler,

so far I have

replaced the hose
    repalced the couplers
    replaced the c valve
    repalced the cross over valve.

I am lost at this point''

Don

11. kimber750

Have you checked for magnetism and power at C coil yet?

12. don1952

don1952 Junior Member

yes, motor is running. and it is a new c valve and coil

13. donjhart

donjhart Junior Member

Replace your angle switch and check white wire at solinoid also the angle switch will let it angle left even if defective,I always keep a couple spares on hand,also check the two white wires at the switch as ive had them vibrate loose from the connector over time.

14. kimber750

Not asking if motor is running. Want to know if there is a magnetic pull on the C coil. If you are by yourself to test, unhook motor leads, use rubber band or something to hold switch to the right. Then use screwdriver or wrench to see if there is a magnetic pull at the C coil. If there is no magnetic pull use the same procedure and a test light to be sure there is power at the coil. If you have a magnetic pull at the C coil it has to be the valve whether it is new or not. If no power is present check your wiring or you may need to replace the angle switch.