1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-57 No go Right

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by KartAnimal29, Feb 13, 2013.

1. KartAnimal29

KartAnimal29 PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ct.

Meyer's E-57 won't go right . C coil ? It goes up , down and left. But once I hit the button to go right the solenoid clicks , then I have to turn the control off to reset , then it will go up, down and left

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like you have a loose wire somewhere

3. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Some kind of ridiculous electronic controller? First, get rid of that junk. Apply power to the C coil and the motor coil, it should go one way. Apply power to just the motor and it should go the other way. Which way it goes with power to the C coil depends on which way the hydraulic lines are attached to the angle cylinders.

If you observe different behavior than what I've just described, check for magnetism when you power the C coil (flat screwdriver touch to bolt at top of coil, see if it sticks). If you detect magnetism, then the valve itself isn't working -- either bad valve or dirty valve. Take it out and inspect. If dirty, clean. If clean, replace. If everything checks out, your electronic controller or wiring is fried.

There is one exception to the above. If the motor runs and it doesn't go anywhere, you could also have a stuck plow or bent hydraulic cylinder. If this is the case, obviously that will have to be repaired.

4. KartAnimal29

from Ct.

Just went out there and there seems to be a little magnetism with the both coils. I did just try pushing the right button and it went left , then I had to reset the controller so it would work again.

edit : just took the N valve out and it looks good. Now the motor works for a hot sec when I hit the right button , but cut's out just as it starts. Have to reset the controller for it to work again

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  5. jasonv

from kannada

Those valves are very VERY sensitive. If they get whacked slightly, they can receive a nearly undetectable bend that can prevent the actual valve from moving.

So it sounds like you have a bad valve or a stuck plow.

But do please try it without the idiot controller. Apply +12 directly to the hydraulic and power solenoids.

6. KartAnimal29

from Ct.

I just got a new coil as I believed that was the problem, Still not working. I switched the coils around for **** and giggles and this is what I have now. When I hit Left it goes Left. When I hit Up it goes Right. When I hit right it goes Left.

If I switch the coils back to the way they should be this is what happens. Up is Up , Down is Down Left is Left and Right trips the controller . Could it be the controller ?

7. KartAnimal29

from Ct.

I jumped it but the solenoids only made a clicking sound

8. jasonv

from kannada

Did you power the POWER solenoid (under your hood) like I told you to?

FYI: if moving all your solenoids around gives you access to all functionality, then it sounds like controller and/or wiring.

9. KartAnimal29

from Ct.

I just jumped from the battery to the A B solenoid. How would I go about doing the solenoid under the hood ? I never took any wires off and I don't beat the crap out of my stuff. I checked all the connection and they look good.

10. KartAnimal29

from Ct.

I have the square pad for a controller

11. KartAnimal29

from Ct.

I also can mover the blade by hand when I connect the hoses together. I put a new cross over vale in , new solenoid and I had to get a new B valve as I broke the threaded stud off of it .

12. Plow Nuts

Plow Nuts Senior Member

Hey Kart I posted in the weather discussion about your plow issue, but I really think you have a wire issue. Check you wiring for the solenoids from the solenoids through the grill, up and around the engine compartment. The fact that you switched the solenoids around and the plow went through its motions-albeit not the correct motions, but it went through its motions means the pump/solenoids/valves are working. The controller shutting off after banking right really tells me the wire to the solenoid has rubbed through somewhere and is shorting the power to ground every time you bank right tripping the safety circuit in the controller. Fastest way would be with an ohm meter. :mechanic:

13. KartAnimal29

from Ct.

Thanks for your reply in the weather discussion. I cased the wires back and they all look good. With my luck I won't get this fixed and this storm for Sat. night will dump on us :D

14. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

It may be the quick connect couple thats screwd in to the valve block. or just a bad connection to the stud on top of the valve its self. or a broken connection for that coil at the plug

15. KartAnimal29

from Ct.

it was a broken wire at a connection. I didn't start chasing the wires till it was dark last night and I didn't see it. Brought it to the dealer this morning and they found it. Thanks to everyone that gave there input Thumbs Up

16. Plow Nuts

Plow Nuts Senior Member

Sweet. Glad to hear you got it fixed. Now it is your fault the snow fizzled out. Lol.