1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-57 motor current draw.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tjctransport, Jan 21, 2011.

1. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i got a call a few minutes ago from a friend with a E-57 on his 05 dodge gasser truck. he said it works slow, and the volt meter goes all the way to full discharge when he hits any of the switrches except for down/float.
    does anyone know what the current draw of the plow pump motor is?? i am thinking the motor is dying and drawing too much current.
    i have a snap on starter/alternator current meter i can test draw amps with.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You don't want it over 220-230 AMP max against the relief. The less the better of course.
  3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

thanks B+B.
    i figured it was around 200 amps, just like a car starter, but figured it would not hurt to get a second opinion.