1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-57 lift problems (electrical)

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by WetChicken, Apr 4, 2007.

1. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

While doing my pre-storm check, this problem cropped up again.
    Whenever I disconnect and re-connect the big connector the plow won't lift, lower, or angle right, it will only angle left. The pump comes on for a moment, and then the little failure light illuminates unless I am going left.
    I can usually get it to work, and once I get it working it doesn't fail. I have no idea why it stops working. Once I mess with that connector, it's over, Johnny.

If there are any ideas no better time than the present, it's snowing here in NH, with 6"+ of wet and heavy coming.
    I would also like a wiring schematic and the flow chart if there is one floating around.

Thanks

Jason

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  2. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

I called the local dealer and they said check the red wire and the B solenoid.
    I happened to find a wiring diagram and a flow chart from angelos-supplies.com, and I am going to try those. That flows to the red wire also.

Jason

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I think your gonna find that the big conector plug itself is your problem. Those connector's have been a problem since they came out.

4. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

Wonderful. do you have the pinout on that puppy? I am just about to head out to trial and error, and if there is no signal there, I will never find it.

Ballpark how much to replace the truck side of that connector?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pinout diagram sent.

6. LON

LON Senior Member

get a big zip tie and a big pair of channel lock pliers. squeeze the plug together with the pliers and while holding the pliers tightly run the zip tie around the plug ends

7. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

Good idea. I will try that.

Thank You