1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 Won't Stay UP....BAFFLED....replaced most parts...

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by marky-marc, Jan 15, 2011.

1. marky-marc

marky-marc Junior Member

So, here's the question, the plow won't stay up.

NO fluid is leaking, goes up fine.

I have a NEW Sump pump base
    New "a" valve and "a"solenoid
    New Pump shaft seal (it was leaking out of seep holes....)
    Brand new ALL O rings...new O ring at bottom of the cylinder tank (the big one)
    New cover assembly.....

I'm now thinking it is the Packing Cup, would this be the next thing you would try?

OR anyone have any other suggestions...

Thanks for any help.....
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'm surprised you didn't do a rebuild when you replaced the base/sump assembly.:confused: I would certainly start with a rebuild before I spent any more money on valves and coils.. Aftermarket E-47 partial seal kits are less then $20.00 and it is a fairly straight forward possess. Of course the more attention you pay to the details and the cleaner the parts are before assembly the better the finished product will be. If you still have issues the next place to look would be the "B" valve.
  3. marky-marc

marky-marc Junior Member

Thanks. Why the b valve? Just a project. This whole e-47 setup was given to me and was sitting awhile, the original sump pump base froze, so got a new one. I did dissasemble whole pump etc... clean all parts nice, and have redone all seals-except of course any on the RAM assembly....I just did the a 'a' coil/valve because the old one's wire broke off, so I got the ''new' replacement one, thicker center, so had to get the new thicker coil.....

I have another e-47 in perfect working condition, so I'll take that whole ram assembly and put it in the one that's leaking down, and go from there....just thought I'd get some more ideas before I continue.....

thank you
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

B controls lift. If stuck open the lift ram will not hold as it has an open path to the sump.
  5. marky-marc

marky-marc Junior Member

Basher, thx for all your help. I just swapped out ram assemblies from one e-47 to the other one, and I LOVE when I have no idea what was wrong but now they BOTH STAY UP? They've been up for over an hour. I'll leave them up, cuz I have to go to work and check later....

I really do NOT like it when there is NO explanation.....but it is a meyer...

6. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

I love self fixing problems!