1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 Wont lift

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mcquin35, Jan 19, 2015.

1. mcquin35

mcquin35 Junior Member

I just bought plow. Purchased new motor and I have 1600 psi in the one hose I checked. I am putting current to B relay and motor. I removed B and poppet moved, good seals.

Thanks for helping

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Does it do anything when you press up? Will ram go up without plow hooked up? Does it angle?

If everything else works correctly I would guess packing cup, lift tube o ring or maybe bad A valve/o rings.

3. mcquin35

mcquin35 Junior Member

I have it clamped to table. I am applying power from charger to motor and power to relay from battery. I can lift chain arm up and down and hear some air sound. I will check A to see if its stuck open tomorrow Thanks for any advice.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  4. kimber750

It is normal to be able to lift arm up and down to a point, each time you do it the arm should not go back down as far.

Is the fluid level correct? Why is it not on the truck? Do you get magnetism at B coil?

EDIT
    Just noticed you are using two different power sources. This could be your problem. Try putting positive cable on motor post and put jumper to red b coil wire on same post. Now touch the ground to ground bolt on pump. Does it go up?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  5. mcquin35

mcquin35 Junior Member

I think the fluid level is correct. I thought it would be easier to make sure it functioned or work on it before mounting. Yes I get magnetism and moves poppet in valve.

6. mcquin35

mcquin35 Junior Member

I am home now. Will be working on it tomorrow when I have some free time.
    Thank you for help

7. kimber750

If you are able it may be best to put it on the truck to test.

8. mcquin35

mcquin35 Junior Member

It goes up now. Replacing A relay, when I removed it quit working. It did not seem to make as much noise when activated like B&C.