1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-47 wont lift plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by upngone, Feb 22, 2010.

1. upngone

upngone Junior Member
    from md

during the last storm my e-47 pump stopped lifting the plow it starts to lift it but then it wont lift, their is alot of noise coming from the motor when u try to lift the plow, and it makes the same noise when you go left or right also but it still goes left and right, pump is full of fluid, im thinking its the motor but i figured id ask to c what you guys think before i buy a motor.

Thanks

scott

2. dchr

dchr Senior Member

I am assuming the pump is full of fluid and not a mixture of fluid and water as the e-47 is famous for. If it is full of fluid and it does indeed start to lift then I would say it could be the motor. The other cause of no lift could be a stuck A valve. Also make sure all your connections are clean and tight.

3. upngone

upngone Junior Member
    from md

yea its full of fluid, would it make the noise if it was a stuck vavle, it sounds like there is something loose or rubbing in the motor

4. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I'm betting it's your motor going bad. Take it off and make sure there is no rust where it hooks up to the pump.

5. dchr

dchr Senior Member

Def. sounds like the motor. Take it off as mentioned and look for rust at the base. Also check to see if pump shaft turns easily with your fingers. Run the motor while disconnected from the pump. If the noise is still there it's a pretty safe bet that the motor is your culprit.

6. upngone

upngone Junior Member
    from md

ok thanks guys i will try it later when i get back to the shop where is the best place to get a motor by next week

7. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

could it not as easily be the set screw facing the truck came loose. I've adjusted mine and if you tweak it too much the motor runs fine but, there is no lift. All I'm looking for is a faster drop rather than a slow slow down.