1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47?? water in pump

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by redvetracr, Dec 4, 2002.

1. redvetracr

redvetracr Junior Member
    from WI

I have a very old E-47 Meyers, My system does not leak but somehow water is getting into the pump, I went to Angelos (parts) site and looked at the pic, can anyone tell me if the top seals are available without buying the top plate? or where else i might find where the water is getting in?? thanks in advance!!

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

They do have top seals with out having to get the whole plate.Try your local Diamond or Meyer dealer.

3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Moisture In System

I agree you can get just the top seal by its self. Moisture can also get in the system thru a poorly sealed vent and filler plug or even from any small pits in the piston rods. Don't rule out condensation, these things do absorb moisture thru the cases and cylinders as the pump and fluid gets warm and come in contact with the snow. John

4. redvetracr

redvetracr Junior Member
    from WI

Thanks guys!! I do have some pitting in the lefty side ram but when I drained & refilled just the pump after the last snow it worked fine. I will try the seal first, are there any tricks to changing it I should know?? ..HN

PS: HONEST, but my problems started (C-valve) when I switched to Meyers juice I had always (20 years same plow) used ATF.

5. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

You also need to drain and flush the angle cylinders. They can get condensation inside and the oil that you put in the pump will get contaminated. :) ;) :) ED