1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 Valve Body Problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by therabbittree, Dec 16, 2008.

1. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

I have a E-47 Meyers and its been fine beside the usual electric motors etc.. it has always had a broken bottom front edge of the aluminum valve body . I never had a problem with it a thought it was just cosmetic. Well tonight it is leaking from the cracked area. I can feel the bottom of the valve body and its corroded very badly. It actually is flaking off in thin flat sheets almost like slate etc.. and teh leak is very bad now. I have another "parts E-47 but last year I tried to make 1 nice out of both and discovered that not all E-47s are the same and the other valve body doesn't have the same size internal ports etc. any idea on where to locate the correct valve body?..and a approximate price? other then this terminal leak it has been fine and works perfect.
    My Broken valvebody E-47 Is model # E-47, Serial F or E 627989
    The complete parts E-47 is a Mode l# E-47 Serial E 582198
    her are some pictures:
    you can see the broken bottom lip ....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the flat flake like peices that are falling off
    [​IMG]
    the under side of the broken valve body
    [​IMG]

any ideas or help, parts etc????
    Let me know, it just started to snow ..ha
    Thanks
    Deo

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

just checked ebay, a few on there. i may have a pa block in stock let me check.