1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47/touchpad doing odd things?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by brianbora1, Jan 29, 2009.

1. brianbora1

brianbora1 Member

Ok, here is the issue that I am having with my newly acquired older plow. It is a 7.5 Classic Mount (E-47)with a touchpad for the control. I have put new A,B,C, coils/cartridges(valves) in. The pump has a new base and all new seals. The only thing that I did not mess with was the cross-over valve. Ok, now for the problem! I hooked everything up and here is what is happening....Lower button makes plow lower, raise button makes plow turn left, left button raises the plow, and right button makes plow move right, at least that is what I can remember.:dizzy: I pushed a little snow and when I went to raise the plow with the left control button, the motor could be heard but the plow would not raise, until I tapped the left button a little and then I pressed the left button and it raised? I was just trying to get the hang of the buttons... Oh, I was wondering if it matters if I replaced the A-coil/valve with a 3/8 shaft instead of the 5/8 that was in it? I bought the wrong one and used it. Sorry for rambling! Thanks for any help!
  2. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Is your touchpad control harness factory and not been tampered with? It sounds like you have some wires crossed. When you hooked everything up on the coils you matched the female color with the male (harness) color. Prior to replacing everything did it work before?
  3. brianbora1

brianbora1 Member

As far as I know everything worked before, I received it from my brother who said the controller was new and I did match all wires up with colors. I know it sound like electrical, but is it possible to have the hydraulics hooked wrong? Is that possible? Thanks for the reply.
  4. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

Sounds like the pump has all the functions working just not with the correct buttons so I'd say you've got a controller problem. I have no experience with the touch pad controllers, just the old reliable toggle switches :) Sounds like your lift and left buttons are crossed.
  5. brianbora1

brianbora1 Member

04sd Thanks for the input. I was out looking at the pump and ran a direct power wire from pos on battery to each colored wire. I had nothing to the red, nothing to the green, and when i touched the black the plow dropped like it should. As I was trying to figure it out, low and behold,, I noticed that I had placed the b-coil where the c-coil goes and vise versa. Well, now every thing works perfect. At least I think? Hopefully this was the problem. Only messed with a few minutes and had to leave. Thanks again 04sd!
  6. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

check to see if all 3 plugs are pluged in on the front of the truck . mine bliuds up with ice than it does the same thing its allways my red wire