1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e 47 symptoms/ question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Gpete, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Gpete

Gpete Junior Member

my e 47 was not used for a sub-freezing 10 days here in north Idaho. then used it after recent snow: was erratic as it sometimes turned left instead of raising and other times raised ok. also when first started it leaked down for 1st half hour, then ok.
    i removed the B & C coils and wiped them off half way through plowing. the last hour plowing all was normal.
    Question: anyone experience anyting similar ? possible causes ?
    thanks, this is my 1st post ... been reading for couple winters

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sound's like it could use a good flush and filter cleaning. When you pulled the valve's out did you notice any ice or water in the fluid?

3. Gpete

Gpete Junior Member

B&B, i did not remove the valves, only took the cois off the shaft and wiped off a little water & rust at base. You said " could use a good flush and filter cleaning "; i put new filter and fluid last winter ('05-'06); do you recommend it every year ? is a " flush " mean all new fluid in all lines and cylinders ?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ok,so you never pulled the valve's, just the coil's.If cleaning the outside of the valve stem's and the coil's helped then that was probably most of your problem.Poor ground between the valve's and the coil's will cause all kind's of intermittent trouble's. It's always a good idea to use a little dielectric grease inside the coil's and on the top of the valve's for corrosion protection. As to the fluid change,yes you should do a fluid change every single year.This includes the angle ram's and hose's. If more guy's would do this religiously every year as preventative maintenance they'd have a lot less problem's with these Meyer pump's than they do.Contamination due to lack of maintenance will stop these pumps cold. (no pun intended :D )

5. Gpete

Gpete Junior Member

thanks B&B for the info .... dielectric grease and changing fluid. i plowed a little today and it did fine. i'm pushing the plow with an '85 Dodge 1/2 ton 4x4, studded tires with chains on the front about this time of year for the slick ice-pack base under new snow ... works ok.