1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E 47 Switch Panel Wiring

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by johnaut, Oct 30, 2009.

1. johnaut

johnaut Junior Member
    from Utah

I have spent hours trying to find info on the type of switches used for the E 47 Controls.

I understand that there is a red, green and black output wire , also a white wire to the solenoid . You have to also take a "HOT" wire to the switch panel to energize these wires .

My own switch panel has 3 switches , right , left and blade lift . There are a nuber of connections , more than I would have thought necessary to make it work .

I think they are probably correct , but I would like to see a diagram of the wire connections to the switches and what type of switches they are . Such as SPDT , DPDT , or SPST , momentary or held ?????

This seems to all be proprietary to MYERS as they don't show this anywhere I have looked .
    Smith Bros. don't show this diagram either........

Lastly , I understand that you energize the black wire to raise the blade , power the motor/ram , but , how does the ram release fluid to lower the blade .

This is my first plow other than a skidsteer bucket , so please excuse my ignorance.

Thanks in advance
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

3. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

The third switch is for headlamp switch over Typically blue in color.

See photos below hopefully they will help

Taken from the back of the switches:

Lift switch, typically yellow in color
    Black= power feed left center pin ( jumps to angle switch)
    Red = left lower pin
    Black = Right upper pin ( goes out to pump)
    White = Right lower pin ( jumps to angle switch) also goes out to the pump

Angle switch, typically black in color
    White = Right upper pin, ( jumps from lift switch and over to left upper pin on angle switch)
    Green = Right lower pin ( goes out to the pump
    Black = lower center pin ( power feed jump from lift switch)
    White = left upper pin ( jumps from right upper pin on angle)