1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 stripped threads

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hot_raud, Apr 18, 2004.

1. hot_raud

hot_raud Member

The threads for one of the filters in the base unit of my Meyer E-47are stripped. The hydraulic pressure when raising or angling pushes the bolt/filter out of the hole and fluid sprays everywhere. Can I fix this or do I need to look for another unit?

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

maybe a machine shop maybe they can re tap it

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

look on ebay theres a used one on there for sale
  4. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

can you have some one put a hella coil in it?
  5. hot_raud

hot_raud Member

The one on ebay right now looks pretty beat up - there is no guarantee that it'll even work. Until this thread problem, mine worked fine. I'll continue to check ebay, but it kills me to have a pump/motor that works fine go to waste because of stripped threads - although its not doing me any good at the moment.

What is a hella coil?

After I take another look at it to confirm that its the base unit threads that are stripped and not the filter bolt, I'll see if I can find a machine shop to do it - it might be a little tricky, tho, because of the hole for hydraulic fluid in there.

Thanks for the responses.
  6. festerw

festerw Senior Member

7. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

just replace the base, heli-coils are just a bandaid and WILL leak

bases can be had for $75 ish
  8. hot_raud

hot_raud Member

Replacing the base sounds like the next best option (if a machine shop can't do it.) Is it relatively easy to swap the coils, pump and motor onto the new base?
  9. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I can do it in ½ an hour but I know these pumps like the back of my hand, all you have to do is pull off the motor/pump as one piece, then pull the valve body off as one piece then remove the tank, cylinder & piston, then reinstall on the new base