1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E 47 sometimes angles left instead of go up

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jeep2001, Feb 5, 2014.

1. jeep2001

jeep2001 Member
    from il.

I am having trouble the last few days, I go to raise the plow and it will go left. It does it about 1 out 5 times. I just installed this plow last year. Brand new joy stick and harness. It works fine other than that. When the plow won't go up it angles left until it won't angle any more and then it will raise. I notice also when I raise it it will angle left at the same time. Any help will be great.

Thanks
    Jeep2001

2. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

3. jeep2001

jeep2001 Member
    from il.

Thanks for the information, my problem is that it only does it about 1 out 5 times. I wish it would not raise at all then it might be easier to trouble shoot. Would you guys think the red coil is going bad? Are the coils easy to replaced?
    Thanks
    Jeep2001

4. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

I had the same issue as you this year... I have toggles not a stick. I got another set of used toggles (Thanks again Kimber750!!) and presto! No more issues!

Have you rechecked all connections to be 100% sure one isn't loose or something else and causing the issue?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  5. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

6. jeep2001

jeep2001 Member
    from il.

I checked them today and everything seems tight. I will unplug them from the pump tomorrow and make sure they have a clean connection. When doing research on this problem I seen that it could be a sticking B valve. Can I just clean this valve and installed new o rings on it? Can this be the problem?
    Thanks
    Jeep2001

7. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

I think you can do it... I feel like I read somewhere that you can pull a valve off, clean it and put back in with out issues. I took a quick search but I'm on my phone and it doesn't really search as well as a regular computer for some reason?

8. jeep2001

jeep2001 Member
    from il.

I just replaced the B valve and coil and still the same or worst. Now when I raise the plow it gos left all the way and then up. Sometime it can not even go right when it will not raise. I then play with joy stick and then it get unstuck. Need help bad I read the manual but still cant understand what is causing this problem. I jumped 12 volts the red wire and I here it click but plow wont raise when I did this. Is this right. What is my next step on fixing this.

Thanks
    Mike

9. jeep2001

jeep2001 Member
    from il.

Here is what I just did. I ran 12 volts to the red wire and then I raised the joy stict about 7 times and it worked great every time. During this test it would not go left or right at this time but I think it was because the b coil had 12 volts to it. Does this test tell us anythink. Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Mike

10. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Try pushing hard up and wiggling the joystick. Sounds like your slik stik is at the end of its life.

11. jeep2001

jeep2001 Member
    from il.

It way brand new last year also the wiring harness too. Not sure if these joy stick are a problem? ( short life ) Is ther any more tests I can do to this plow. If it is a bad joy stick should I just replace it with the same or should I look at a different controller?
    Thanks
    Mike

12. kimber750

Mine is over 10 years old with no problems. Have seen others not work right of the box. Just the luck of the draw. But since it worked when you ran power right to the B valve this points to control. You can try a continuity test on slick stik. I would have to dig up the wiring diagram to tell you what terminals to test.

13. jeep2001

jeep2001 Member
    from il.

Thanks, the wife just got home and I will have her work the controller and will put a test light on each coil wire. Will this tell me anything. Could you explain your test to me also?

Thanks
    Mike

14. kimber750

Your test will tell you if power is being sent to B valve. When pressing up only the B valve should have power.

My test is pulling the slik stik out and testing the switch itself. Use multimeter to test continuity. It has one power in tab in the center. Then depending which way you move the stick it sends power out to the other tabs.

slik-stik-wiring.JPG

15. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

Disconnect the positive cable from pump motor before you test the controls. With the coils disconnected, it will turn left. Would hate to see you get hurt.

16. jeep2001

jeep2001 Member
    from il.

Just got in form working on the plow, Thanks for the information. When I tested the red wire only sometimes the test lite lights up when the stick was push up to the raise position. I unpluged the stick and checked the connections and they looked good. When I tried the plow, it works fine for 3 or 4 times and then goes back to going left when in the raise position for no reason. When testing the controller do I have to put 12 volts to it?

Thanks
    Mike

17. jeep2001

jeep2001 Member
    from il.

I think everything seems to point to the slick stick. Would you guys think I should just replace it. I will try to test it tommorrow. Is there any other controller that will plug into the harness. Thanks for the help.

Mike

18. kimber750

My money is on slick stik needing replaced. No need for 12v when using multimeter.

19. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

Try and find someone in your area that has a stik. See if you could plug it in to yours and see what happens??

20. jeep2001

jeep2001 Member
    from il.

Thanks guys for the information, I dont know anyone with a slik stick I wish I did. I will test the old one, is the slik stick know for these problems. Would you guys know where the best place to get this from? Do prices vary on this item?

Mike