1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E 47 snow plow issues

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Jeffrey M, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Jeffrey M

Jeffrey M Junior Member

1sNo help.t snow of the year troubles. Truck & plow were working fine until I could not get the plow to raise/lower/right or left. Replaced the A selinoid because of a frayed wired. No help.Tried to go from battery to motor to see if motor was working, nothing. Replaced motor this afternoon, no help. I can hear the selinoids cliking when I try to raise/lower/right or left. Fluid levels are full.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

What does fluid look like? If you tried jumping right to motor and motor did not run you either have really crappy cables, motor is junk or pump is seized.

3. Jeffrey M

Jeffrey M Junior Member

Fluid looks fine, was plowing fine until everything stopped working. How can I tell if pump is seized? Any tests?

4. kimber750

Remove motor and try to turn the pump shaft.

Motor is not needed to lower, only A valve. Is the plow up now? You can also check for magnetism at the coils. Lower would be black wire, right is green wire and up is red wire. Left is accomplished by running motor only.

PS Wrap electrical tap around motor cap to keep it from falling off.

5. Jeffrey M

Jeffrey M Junior Member

So there is the new electrical motor on the left and the hyd pump on right.What should turning the pump shaft do?

6. kimber750

Pump is directly below the motor. If you can't turn the pump shaft the pump is seized.

7. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Check the ground from the pump to the truck. Also check the ground of the solenoid.

8. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Meyers makes a updated power cord for the plow and I found this problem so BEWARE
    There is a extra ground lead that is suppose to bolt from the motor to the base. So there was power to the coil but no magnetism. Add the ground and it solved the problem.
    This is why I like a meter not a test light.
    If I can be any other help PM me.

9. kimber750

That is for dual post motor found on E60 and E57, not the single post E47 3" motor.

10. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

oooooooooo my bad. I was checking to see if anyone was listening to me LOL