1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-47 shooting fluid out vent?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by s-10racing, Jan 17, 2005.

1. s-10racing

s-10racing Junior Member
    from east

hello, i have e-47 pump that blows fluid out vent cap when you let the plow down. fluid level is correct& filters are clean. all i did was change fluid in pump, old fluid did not look to bad. has anyone run into this problem before ? any thoughts on what might cause that to happen. thanks , matt

2. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

by any chance did you fill it up while the ram was up????
    I did that last yr and is came out of the vent i had to drain it push the ram all the way down and re fill while down

3. s-10racing

s-10racing Junior Member
    from east

i like to say no ,but it may have been up , i will drain & try it again, i am grasping for straws at this point . thanks for your reply, matt

4. 4speed

4speed Member

don't drain it. just let it bleed! Yes you overfillled it . It will leave a couple of streaks in the snow but it will level off and you will be fine

5. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

When you fill it you have to force the ram all the way to the bottom before you fill it. Also i dont fill all the way to the top, i try and keep it 3/4 inch from the top...Rob

6. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Make sure the little hole in the vent is clear if not , it will shoot fluid out.

7. s-10racing

s-10racing Junior Member
    from east

hello, thank all for help, i did figure it out . it was ram seal sucking air , i installed a seal kit on pump , works perfect thank you, matt