1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E 47 Set up

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by greenmtnman, Dec 15, 2009.

1. greenmtnman

greenmtnman Junior Member
    from Vermont

Question about the hydraulic hoses set-up on the Meyer E 47 system?
    What hose goes to what?
    Been away for over a year and I feel like my lines have been changed or just my old gray cells floating away. :drinkup:

Thanks for your help

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

The outlets on the pump go to the opposite side cylinder...at least mine do. If you get them backwards, you will know soon enough....lol

3. greenmtnman

from Vermont

E 47

Thanks for your reply, I still have a question about that.
    I have one coupler fix with a hose and the other one is female coupler on the pump. And they are on pump body front is the female and back is the fixed with the hose.
    One piston driver side has a fix with the hose the passenger side has a female.
    Is that right?

thanks, how's snow and the temp up north by you?

4. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Sounds like what you have.

The attached hose on mine comes out of the drivers side fitting on the pump.On the end of this hose is a female coupler.... It goes down to the passenger side ram, where it attaches to the male coupler on the ram.

The other hose is attached to the other ram, with a female coupler on the other end....It comes up to a male coupler on the passenger side outlet on the pump.....

If still confused (I am...lol), I can go out and take a pic.

Weather here?....Snow flurries right now...not amounting to much....had over a foot in the last 5 days.

5. greenmtnman

from Vermont

E 47

:confused:
    :confused: big time:yow!:
    my hose couplers that are on the pump are on the same side that is the drivers side. again one is male thats toward the front the other fixed at that is in the back.
    So we may have different type of pumps.

6. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Must have....Mine is an E-47

Going to take a pic

7. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

I think I lied to you before and got the couplers backwards....lol...Look at these pics.

E-47 004.jpg

E-47 001.jpg

E-47 002.jpg

E-47 003.jpg

8. greenmtnman

from Vermont

E 47

Thanks for going out and taking the picture.
    my setup is the same. only I have one flex and one isn't on the pump.:drinkup:
    Now I need to fine why its not moving l or r:cry:.
    I now know the lines are correct. Thanks to you

9. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Not moving L or R is the "C" valve usually....Either its not getting energized or the valve isn't opening "C" valve is the one on top that is closest to my bumper.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Or a defective quick coupler. :waving:

11. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

That too...you da man........

12. greenmtnman

from Vermont

E 47

Is there a trick to do the testing when you don't have another person around to work the toggle?

13. greenmtnman

from Vermont

E 47

is there a way of testing to see if it is the coupler.

thanks for the replies

14. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Long arms....lol

Might be easier to just power the coils with a battery charger or some 12 volt source.....you can be right there.

15. greenmtnman

from Vermont

e-47

What about jumper cables to the coils from the battery?

I'm just come up too short with my tongue....lol

I hear a click (I'm guessing that's the solenoid?) when I move the plow up or down.

I don't hear any clicking when I move the toggle left or right.

Would that mean the solenoid is OK? Would that mean it's the toggle switch?

16. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Yeah...that should work.....

You said it lifts, but no left or right...........The motor is obviously working to lift. The solenoid must be OK.......Can you hear the motor running when i is lifting, but not when it is angling?....To me, that would say its not getting power from the switch when angling. If you can hear the motor, but its not angling, then I would suspect the "C" valve. Either its not getting power or the valve is malfunctioning.

Take your jumper cable from the battery to the motor terminal and at the same time touch the "C" valve coil wire......It should move. If not, the problem is with that coil or valve.

Can you feel it trying to angle?....If it is the couplers, I think you would still feel it trying to work.

17. greenmtnman

from Vermont

Your talking about the pump yes, It sounds the way it should and has for years.
    When its working.
    I will try the cables from the battery and if i'm lucky I won't get hit with the plow and pinning me.

Thanks for your help would you have the winning numbers for the lotto?....lol

18. greenmtnman

from Vermont

E-47

About the couplers you ask do I feel them trying to move nothing no sound and no movement.
    That's why I'm looking for the winning numbers.....lol