1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-47 seems to be using alot of fluid

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by zzzman, Dec 10, 2009.

1. zzzman

zzzman Member

i only plow my drive and one other person. and i seem to have to add to the pump about every other week. i can tell it's low when it takes a while to go left and right. any idea's on the problem or is that the norm when plowing. at this rate i'll be buying fluid by the case. or and 1 other thing, do u guys have a preference on couples. is one kind better then the other.

2. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

well you obviously are leaking somewhere. trace the leak down and replace whatever needs to be. leaking fluid is not the norm something needs to be replaced. and im not quite sure what u mean by couples to you mean the quick disconections for the angle rams?

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

yer leakin someplace. i preffer the safeway brand of ball type coupler.

4. zzzman

zzzman Member

weird part everything is brand new. i'll re check everything and make sure it is tight. i do have one coupler where the male end is different then female end but it pumps fluid.

5. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

you havent noticed any hydrolic fluid anywhere? on the lines, dripping on to the a frame under the pump etc etc. wipe everything down really good then have someone sit in the truck and move the plow around and check for leaks. just dont get ur feet under it haha