1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E 47 runs slow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by br2, Jan 19, 2011.

1. br2

br2 Junior Member

I have tried everything I know. Everything on the plow works just as it should. Up,down,right,left It just moves very slow for all functions except gravity down it works fine.
    I took a pump/motor off of a different working E 47 and it did the samething. I have replaced filters, strainers and changed the oil. It sounds as the motor is working very hard like it is pluged and not a faster sound like it is out of oil. I have removed A,B and C valves and made sure they are clean. If I had any hair I would pull it out. Any help would be awsome. 3-5 inches commin tomorrow thanks

:mechanic:

2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I would start with checking all wire connections, especialy the grounds. Make sure they are all clean and making good contact. I had to remove my E47 a few days ago to replace the wiper and I was amazed at how corroded the connections were seeing how I only installed this about 4-5 weeks ago, and I made sure all connections were clean and/or new at the time. The A,B, and C wire connections were all good ( I used dielectric greese on them). The Hot wire on the pump and the ground both had corrosion on them.
    good luck!

3. br2

br2 Junior Member

I found the problem after about 8 hours of trading parts from one e 47 to another. I finally found it was the switches in the cab.
    Thanks for the help.Thumbs Up
    Maybe this information will help someone in the future.

:mechanic: