1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 Rotting / Leaking Valve Body?'s

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by therabbittree, Dec 16, 2008.

1. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

I have a E-47 Meyers and its been fine beside the usual electric motors etc.. it has always had a broken bottom front edge of the aluminum valve body . I never had a problem with it a thought it was just cosmetic. Well tonight it is leaking from the cracked area. I can feel the bottom of the valve body and its corroded very badly. It actually is flaking off in thin flat sheets almost like slate etc.. and teh leak is very bad now. I have another "parts E-47 but last year I tried to make 1 nice out of both and discovered that not all E-47s are the same and the other valve body doesn't have the same size internal ports etc. any idea on where to locate the correct valve body?..and a approximate price? other then this terminal leak it has been fine and works perfect.
    My Broken valvebody E-47 Is model # E-47, Serial F or E 627989
    The complete parts E-47 is a Mode l# E-47 Serial E 582198
    her are some pictures:
    you can see the broken bottom lip ....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the flat flake like pieces that are falling off
    [​IMG]
    the under side of the broken valve body
    [​IMG]

any ideas or help, parts etc????
    Let me know, it just started to snow ..ha
    Thanks
    Deo

2. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

no ideas?... I know the Power Angle Block is bad. What can be the difference between the two E47s I have ?. I was thinking of just swapping the Power Angel Block but from what I remember last winter i attempted that and found different solnoids or valve ports inside ?... when I look online fo rparts i only see one kinfd of solnoid or power angel block for the E47...so something is different. Maybe I'll just get amaster rebuild kit for my spare E47 and hope its the correct one? also is there a problem running ATf as fluid ..I used to run the blue meyers fluid but it was harder to see leaks and cost more then atf. many of the local highway depts swap all their plows to atf with no problems. I do find less water with the atf vs the blue
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Deo

3. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

well I swapped the power angle block from my spare pump. but not teh blades defaults to th eleft only . I swapped my good or (were good and working) C And B valves . I also checked this power angle block's cross over elief valve and it was semi messed up it had a worn / bent washer and and acorn nut wouldn't unthread from the valve ie the valve came out of the block in the acorn nut and couldn't remove it..argh. I went to swap the valves and found my rotted valve has abigger shaft size for th epressure relief valves piston?..further inspection finds the rotted block also has a wider pilot check valve piston foot.. I was told all the power angle blocks were the same?.so not sure which of my power angle blocks was right or wrong?..the C valves from both blocks were different too ... the port slits were a lot thinner in the spare block and the bottom drain hole is smaller diameter then my rotted block's C valve. Also the part #'s were different on the coils..the rotted block coils had D 8727's for both C and B coils .. the spare had a C with the # D534 and a b valve with another 3 numeral #... So that was strange.
    As for troubleshooting the default left angle only. follwed the meyer flow chart and the three last options are the C valve is ballooned and / or faulty, the cross over relief valve is bad, or the power angle block is bad... I plan to swap a new C valve in and I am debating getting one of the newer 1 piece cross over relief valve?..but they are pricey $150 or so..plus I really should set it up with a pressure guage or I'll eat the new c valve up. I bleed the angle cyls hooked together and down hill, I also tried the push against a tree method and that did not work.... any ideas? tips?
    thanks
    Deo

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

a guess, bad coupler. Get rid of the ATF it is not compatible with that unit.

5. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

Thanks I changed the c Valve and it works...hopefully it stays together through these two storms we're getting now. I plan on redoing the pump now with a seal kit and fluid flush with naphta.. This forum has lots of good info..Definately going to use the blue meyer type fluid after the flush.
    Thanks
    Deo

6. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

I bought out a businesses stock of Meyer. Has a bunch of e-47 stuff, pumps, motors, complete units, I don't use them, I'm selling everything off. 412-527-5196

7. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

I'll call you.. my c valve or cross over pressure relief valve might still be messed up as I can't turn left or right and it doesn't hold any angle now are I turned the relief valve all th eway in and its still won't hold angle or turn it trys to etc if I push into snow and hold th elever it will slowly turn by itself... im kinda pissed seems like the cross over pressure reielf valcve is messed up.. at least up and down work fine ha plowed all day wthat way and its getting old though...

8. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

Took my cross over pressure relief valve apart.. well as much as I could ha:dizzy: the cage wouldn't come out :angry: oh well I checked the meyer manual on line and reassembled it from the cage out correctly and viola the angle works fine now ..absent of guages I adjusted the relief so it would move the blade while its on the ground in snow.. and it still had a turn or so left in it.. just tested it out and it holds a angle..now... next is to dump and flush the ATF out flush with naphta and then refill with blue meyers fluid .. it should be faster then too as the atf is thicker seems to slow the response down too...
    Thanks,
    Deo