1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 Rebuild Help Needed

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tom718, Nov 14, 2006.

1. tom718

tom718 Junior Member

Hey guys I dropped off the box of parts of a e-47 to my local dealer. He told me that it would be 550$ to put the unit back together and bench test it. I said NO WAY!!! He first told me 150$ So here I am.

I got pump put together but it will not pump fluild so it seems. I need help trouble shooting this and am lost where to start. This is what i've done so. I've removed all the valves. A,B,C remote started moter with spare battery and jumper cables. No fluid movement from any valve. So I then removed the three bolts that holds the moter alu houseing to the tank area. I removed the small ball and spring then put it back together, still no fluild movement. So I then removed the adjuster screw and the small spring and pointy seat. Still no fluid movement. I am lost here. This unit has been apart for many years and most parts was in a gunk tank for awhile. You guys have any tips on how to trouble shoot this problem. I did remove the cover to the gears which pumps the fluid. It looks good in there. I also with all the plugs removed for the filters ect. Not the drain plug. there is very very little fluid loss. What could be clogged.

Hopefully I can get this working

:drinkup:

Tom718

2. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

For 550 you can buy a rebuilt pump complete. I have to believe there was a miscomminication going on there, if not.....report the dealer to Meyer HQ.

3. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

4. tom718

tom718 Junior Member

5. tom718

tom718 Junior Member

Well I finially got it working... :nod: Once you understand the way the pump works they are pretty simple. If any newbie has any questions please fee free to ask away. :gunsfiring: To my local dealer and everyone that wanted to sell me a new pump. :gunsfiring:

I now have a spare pump behind my seat. :drinkup:

Tom718

6. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

what was it? i figure one of the balls and springs musta been stuck...

inquisitive fellow here, and mr.tom good to hear you arent first to run out and buy another pump...theyre just tooo friggin expensive wish i was mr. meyers....or mr. owner of one of those ripoff little dealers

one tired to get me to buy a used 7.5' plow for 1800 with pitted cylinders and in need of a paint job badly....i said yeah the pump and tube mount come with it too right .....hell no he said.....so hell no i said...people...

7. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

Some one wanted $1800 just for an old used blade?
    Thats one to put in the book

8. tom718

tom718 Junior Member

Damn I'll sell mine for 1800$ freshly painted too. LOL I don't really know what the problem was. I took it apart and with some wire I made sure nothing was clogged. I then removed the check valve. ECT But what really threw me off was that I did not know that Valve "C" lifted the ram. I though Valve "A" Did. So with that said and when I realized that it might acutally work correctly I hooked it up to the truck and wam working sweet. Remember guys this was a box of parts sitting for years. LOL and another stupid thing was that the moter was turning backwards. It was bought as new condtion on ebay. That prob turned out that the armuture was installed backwards. Swapped the armuture and replaced the bushings and that fixed the problem. The person who sold it must have messed with it. But I'm happy to say it's now all nicely painted and waiting a sticker. I stole three valves and coils from my e-60 and just bought new replacement ones tonight and new lines.

:drinkup:

Tom718

9. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

The A-valve lowers and the B raises the C-valve angles the plow. And if you put the brushes in backwords it will spin backwords I have seen that before but if you didnt change the top cap it cant be that.