1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 Raise Problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ksplower, Feb 3, 2011.

1. ksplower

ksplower Junior Member
    from ks

I am having a problem when I try to raise the plow it just goes to the left. I looked it up and everything says replace the B valve. I put in a brand new one and it still does it. I got a new coil for it as well and still does it. Check to see if the coil is getting power and has power. The switch is good. I m running out of ideas can someone help me PLEASE. Thanks

2. loc

loc Junior Member

When my plow would start to freeze it would do the same thing and then just stop working. I would change out the fluid and see if it is milky. If it is I would replace it and find the leak.

3. ksplower

ksplower Junior Member
    from ks

It was clear. You can pull on the lift rod it just pulls right up like there is no pressure.

4. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

I had the same problem. replaced B valve, and coil. Still went left. Checked A valve, and it had stuck in the lower position from when I last lowered the plow. Replaced A valve, and was back in business. All the A does is lower. Not sure how it fixed the problem, maybe B&B will chime in, and explain. It something for you to check out. Good luck with it!!

5. ksplower

ksplower Junior Member
    from ks

Thanks thats going to be fun! It took me forever to get the B one off. Might be a rookie question but what is the difference in the valves they look the same. I am saying this with out every taking the A valve off. I will check it out and get back to you guys.

6. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

Is your new B valve a Meyer product or aftermarket? The aftermarkets have been known to be junk right out of the box. Before you check elsewhere you may want to rethink the B if it's not a Meyer!

B valve= lift
    C " = right angle
    A " = lower
    no valves operating, motor running=left angle

The A valve is the small one on the back of the unit. Be careful with the nut that holds the coil on, they break real easily. Apply a little heat(nut only, keep flame from coil), and it should come right off. You'll need an inch and one eighth deep well socket to remove the A valve.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  7. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

if it is the old style a valve. the new ones are a smaller socket.