1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 Quit working

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by fedspunisher, Jan 26, 2009.

1. fedspunisher

fedspunisher Member
    from Iowa

Was plowing this morning. The plow started moving slow then nothing lowered it and wouldnt come back up. Wont angle either way. Topped off the fluid and nothing.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Is the motor running? If not I would check your connections to that first. If it is, then I would guess your in need of a rebuilt pump.

3. fedspunisher

fedspunisher Member
    from Iowa

Motor runs with no strain. Sounds like when you have the angle line not hooked up and you hit the angle button. Makes me wonder with all the other posts about water in the lines if a valve is stuck open. But would 2 valves have to be stuck open to loose both up/down and left/right?

4. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

How cold is it there? Are you sure it didn't freeze up? Since it started getting slow before it quit I would guess it is not a valve problem.

5. fedspunisher

fedspunisher Member
    from Iowa

probably single digits this morning.

6. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

When is the last time it was drained and new fluid added. Might just have water/ice in it. If you can get the truck in a heated garage or pull the pump and take it inside. If you have a torpedo heater and tarp you could also try that to get it warmed up and see if it works.

7. fedspunisher

fedspunisher Member
    from Iowa

Drained it over lunch. Seemed to have done the trick. Crazy thing. worked fine 2 weeks ago when it ws -20 out when its 20 above it freezes up.

8. sefh

sefh Senior Member

You more than likely added water to your system from the last time you plowed. I would check your angle cylinders to make sure the seals are good and the rams are not all rusted or pitted. If they are, that's how you got the water in your system.