1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by turfquip, Nov 28, 2003.

1. turfquip

turfquip PlowSite.com Veteran

Just hooked up the plow to check things out.

I know, I know, I waited waaaaay too long. One of these years I'll learn :).

Anyway, the main piston won't hold the plow up. Motor seems to struggle a little. Motor sounds good when angling and pistons work fine.

What should I look for first to get this thing operational?

2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

First thing would be to check the "a" valve which controls lowering of the blade, you want to be sure that it closes all the way and is not allowing fluid to bleed back to the tank.
    So remove it and clean the valve with kerosene, and then operate the valve off a 12 volt power supply.
    You should have a fairly good "click" when applying voltage to the coil.
    If your sure the valve is closing and you have "all" other plow functions then it's more then likely to have a torn or worn cup on the bottom of the lift piston.
    This would allow fluid to be pumped into the base of the cylinder but would not be allowed to build pressure to lift the plow.
    The fluid would then by-pass the cylinder and return back to the tank.
    :rolleyes: John.............
  3. turfquip

turfquip PlowSite.com Veteran