1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 Pump Oil Selection

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by lawfires, Feb 20, 2008.

1. lawfires

lawfires Junior Member

I just acquired a Meyer plow with an E-47 pump.

What readily available oil can I use in it? (I don't have a local Meyer supplier; is there any oil that would be commercially available at a hardware or auto store I could use?)
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You don't have a local MEYER supplier:eek:

Exxon UNIVIS J13, or any 5606 shell and mobil both make one.
  3. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Most any auto store should have some after market fluid that is good for Meyer.
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

go to napa. they always have the blue stuff...
  5. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Sounds like there moto
  6. lawfires

lawfires Junior Member

Assuming that my auto parts store does have something, what should I be looking for? What type of oil?
  7. sefh

sefh Senior Member

tell the parts man that you need meyer blue and most of all the Napa stores stock it.
  8. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

you dont want to use just any fluid you want to use like a s.a.m blue fluid or the meyer m1 fluid the meyer pumps are notorious for freezing up you want a fluid with an anti icer