1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e 47 pump oil coming out motor air hole

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by kandklandscape0, Dec 1, 2009.

1. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

what in gods creation would cause the oil to squirt out the motor air hole on the motor housing?

It does not matter if you go up, down, left, right oil squirts out heavy in the front air motor housing. Do I need to buy an entire new motor housing, or can it be welded?

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

hole

if it's the hole in the front ,that is the weep hole that let's oil leak out when the seal goes bad in the pump instead of filling up the electric motor .you can just get a seal but what i have been reading that you may end up getting a pump in the long run

3. kandklandscape0

kandklandscape0 Senior Member

One of our guys put a new motor on the pump. They had to drill out new holes in the pump gear box, the old bolts on the motor were stuck so they had to tap the bolts out. I think they drilled the entire way down to this hole, would this cause oil to squirt out?

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

wow!

i think you just bought a pump !!!!:laughing: