1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 pump not working. What to check for?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by yellow78ford, Oct 5, 2009.

1. yellow78ford

yellow78ford Junior Member

My father just bought a used Meyer plow setup for his 1992 s10 blazer. It is the e47 pump. Without the blade even hooked up, the piston will not raise at all.

It is filled with fluid (was basically empty though when we got it :rolleyes: ) The electric motor is working. Since we filled it, nothing has leaked out.

I am assuming an internal seal is blown since I can raise and lower the piston with ease by hand.

Are these hard to rebuild? I am mechanically inclined, is this rebuildable at home? Anything else I should check for?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Here's a copy of the mechanic's guide it includes a troubleshooting flow chart.

http://www.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-562 R16.pdf

Follow the will not raise instructions,

3. yellow78ford

yellow78ford Junior Member

Thanks, I followed the Meyer guide. There is magnetism at the coils. I hooked up the plow blade and it also does not angle. It said to then check the filters, which were fine. Next I took off the fill plug to see if there was any pressure when the pump is activated, and there isn't.

Next it says to make sure electric motor is spinning in right direction? I took the motor off to make sure everything spins freely which it does.

What else should I check for?