1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-47 problems

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jpunlimited, Feb 22, 2005.

1. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

I did a search and read some threads and also read the trouble shooting guides. I need a second opinion. the symptoms slooow up under a load. lack of power when angling on the move with a pile on the blade. then it works fine the next minute. also a new symptom it creeps down when driving down the road. I removed the "A" coil and put the juice to it. it seemed clean and working. when power was aplied it let air through and closed when there was no power. HELP!

2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

3. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

another opinion

I have all the trouble shooting guides including that one. based on the information from the first thread and experiences with these E-47 units does anyone have an idea what the malfunction is? thanks

4. JMR

JMR Senior Member

The lack of power problem - check and clean all electrical connections, especially the larger battery and ground cables at both the pump motor and the battery. I would suspect that the pump motor isn't turning up to speed, either cause by low voltage(bad connections) or bad motor.

Creeping down problem - is most likely packing going bad on the pump piston, this is also an easy replacement.

Angelos-Supply.com has all the parts you should need with quick shipping.

Good Luck.