1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 problems again...

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by btammo, Dec 21, 2008.

1. btammo

btammo Member

Have an E-47 that is acting up. I personally drive this truck, and I am going by what they are telling me. Sometimes when you push left, it goes left, when you let off the button it goes right. Sometimes you push down, hits the ground and turns right by itself. Dont know what this problem is, but it is only one of my two problems.

Other problem is that the thing just died. Tested it out and motor was bad. Put a new motor on it (aftermarket) and it worked for a couple hours and now she is dead in the water again. No up, left or right....only clicks on the relay.

Hope someone has suggestions because i cant be having this truck breaking down all the time. I think I may just say the hell with that little ass pump and go to a 57 or 60. Just dont want to spend the $$ right now if I dont have to.

Thanks

2. btammo

btammo Member

ANy suggestions? Gotta get this truck ready for the next storm on Tuesday night.....Thanks .

3. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

how much hp is the new motor ? I got a after market a few years back . it was only a 1/3 hp the meyer was 1 hp . it made a world of diff .

4. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Also if you keep it buy a Service manual . I can't find my e 47 one . they have a Troubleshooting section . It sounds like one of the coils

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Could also be a bad relay, a dying motor can but a lot of load on a 12volt motor relay. Check all the grounds while you're at it.

The manual
    E 47/57

http://www.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-562 R16.pdf

6. btammo

btammo Member

I used two different controllers and it had the same problem. one toggle controller and a touchpad.

I dont mind spending money on OEM parts, i just was in a pinch and took the only available motor I could find. I hate to buy one however and turn around and burn it up if there is something else wrong. I have a spare relay I can replace as well.

7. sefh

sefh Senior Member

When you replaced the controller did it do what ways said?
    Have an E-47 that is acting up. I personally drive this truck, and I am going by what they are telling me. Sometimes when you push left, it goes left, when you let off the button it goes right. Sometimes you push down, hits the ground and turns right by itself. Dont know what this problem is, but it is only one of my two problems.
    That sounds strange!!!!!!

Did you get it fixed yet?

8. sefh

sefh Senior Member

And to fix the clicking issue.... I would check to make sure the cable is good from solenoid to motor. Also check to the ground cable for tight connection.

9. btammo

btammo Member

It only clicks after the motor is no longer working. i just dont know why the motors are burning up. I have another motor on order hopefully to be in soon. THis is a warranteed motor from the aftermarket that broke. If this doesnt work, I will just get my money back and rebuild the old motor if it is worth saving.

10. btammo

btammo Member

Yes the controller is fine. When you push left it goes left but when you let off it goes back another way. I am going to flush it out and put all new fluid in it and hope it helps.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:dizzy::confused:

12. meyere60

meyere60 Senior Member

i still think its the controller

13. Bronco1

Bronco1 Junior Member

If the blade moves by itself it seems more of a bad C valve O ring or maybe a crossover valve adjustment. Is it set to the 3800 lbs or so? As far as the dying part, make sure your battery has a FULL charge. Just because it starts the truck it can still be down on charge. Happend to me once, charged it full and no problems since. Hope this helps.