1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by robandsara@wind, Feb 9, 2008.

1. robandsara@wind

robandsara@wind Junior Member

I've got a Meyers E-47 electric hydraulic plow pump that I've totally disassembled, cleaned and added new fluid to.The motor is brand new and all solenoid's have magnetism.The pump works fine until I put load on it then it only lifts the plow maybe an inch off the ground. Any advise?

Rob

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Once it lifts will it stay up? Need to get a pressure gage on it to see if the gear pump is making the necessary pressure. Could be the pump is worn or just needs the pressure relief valve adjusted.

If your a newbie with these pumps it's also possible you missed an O-ring, or placed an incorrect O-ring in it somewhere causing an internal leak. Need to get a pressure gage on it to see whats up.

3. robandsara@wind

Yes, It stays up when lifted.How do I check pressure? Is there any rebuid to the pump or just replace?Why would the pressure valve need adjusting if it worked fine before?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Well if it worked fine before you disassembled it, then it has to be something wrong with something you did or didn't do on reassembly. Did you have the pressure relief valve disassembled to replace O-rings? If you did, then it needs the pressure checked and reset at least. If you only removed it from the pump but did'nt take it apart then I'd say you missed an O-ring or assembly procedure somewhere else.

To check the pressure you need a gage of at least 2000psi plummed in at the angle port for the right hand angle hose and run the pump. Pump should be capable of producing 1700psi. (which is the factory spec)

5. robandsara@wind

The pump was doing the same thing it's doing now before I disassembled it all I did was basically clean it and reassemble.Didn't touch the pressure relief valve.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then it needs the pressure checked. Sounds like a worn gear pump or defective pressure relief valve. Check the pressure. The gear pumps aren't rebuildable/repairable, so if it's worn to the point that it won't make the necessary pressure you replace them.

7. robandsara@wind

Ok thanks for the advise, I'll check the pressure and go from there.