1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-47 pivot point

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by fga, Nov 30, 2009.

1. fga

fga Member

Hey,
    What's going on, haven't been on here in about 4 years I think??

The very last storm of last year, my plow turned into a propeller as it rotated due the breaking of the pivot on one side. Going to have it welded next week if I can ever finish up the leaf season...
    Do they they sell pivots with grease points, to prevent this from happening again?
    Also, looking at it in pieces.. do i have to assemble this before I weld it? how would I get it back on the A frame if i weld it first?

Beed putting this off as long as I can. Customers have been bringing up snow removal since August, I didn't even want to think of it then.

Thanks,
    Adam

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

pivot

i think the only greasable pivot was on the two meter because of the tubular design of the a-frame pivot point .that had a greasable pin and it was prone to breakage do to using it in to heavy duty plowing application ,they broke in the grease hole drilled in the pivot bolt .:realmad: i used to make them for a guy even with grade 8 bolts he would breake them (real ram jammer )

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If your talking about the main pivot bolt? You need to make sure it's a grade 8 bolt the right size. I grease the hell out of them when I install them. Then I spray with penetrating oil before each event. I grease any contact point too. Make sure all bolts all tight before each event. Any slop will cause wear and notching of the bolts. Have extra bolts to save ya at 3am.

4. fga

fga Member

Sorry, i was referring to the pivot sleeve. Below is a picture, not of mine, but one online. that whole sleeve is completely gone.

feb2-09%20001.jpg

5. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

yes they do. but watch it a just spoke with someone today that said he was told by his dealer this item was discontinued and would have to be custom machined. so watch out.

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

FGA, man is that really you?

8. fga

fga Member

Hey Larry, just sent you a PM.
    yeah, its me... and having trouble as always, lol.

9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Time for a new plow.

Make sure its red this time.

10. dchr

dchr Senior Member