1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-47 only goes right!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by firefighter6919, Dec 1, 2008.

1. firefighter6919

firefighter6919 Junior Member

e-47 pump, changed quick connects, hoses, cleaned entire pump inside and out, blead everything, checked coils, valves, o-rings. Plow only goes to the right. Pump is running when you puse the switch to the left. The pump sounds like it is straining when you try to go left. If you try to take the quick connects off the right ram has a tone of pressure in it after this and you need to hit the ball in to releive the pressure to re hook it up. WTF???????????? Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

before I welded a stop onto mine when i'd go all the way right sometimes it would stick... I would pull up to a tree or something bump the left side of plow while angling left and it would start working again

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you start with the blade straight it will not angle left?

You are sure all the coils and valves and couplers are operating correctly?

That unit defaults to the left try jumping the unit so the motor runs with out using the controls. Does it still go right?

the repair manual
    http://www.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-562 R16.pdf

4. firefighter6919

firefighter6919 Junior Member

got it fixed, quick connects bad

5. Venomus306

Venomus306 Junior Member
    from ohio

My E-47 just started doing this . I will get new quik connects in the morning . Any other suggestions in the meantime

6. huss691981

huss691981 Member

make sure the coils have magnitisim, make sure the c valve is ok.

7. Venomus306

Venomus306 Junior Member
    from ohio

Turns out the quik connects were bad , well the one was . Thanks