1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 only angles left and raises

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Gbettner, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Gbettner

Gbettner Junior Member

Won't go right no matter what I do, if I toggle right it keeps going to the left. I've replaced all coils and quick couplers. Won't lower and bleeds down but I'm 90% sure I have to buy a new A valve to fix that. I bought this unit off a guy I work with and I think it has sat around for a couple years unused. I finally got it to raise after I was told the B valve should have a spring and ball under it. ( I checked and it only had a ball, no spring). Is there supposed to be a ball and/or spring under the C valve? I also don't know where the crossover relief vave is or what it looks like. I'm just trying to identify the problem so I don't have to " throw parts" at it untill it's fixed anymore. It's getting expensive,moneys tight these days, and the wife is bitchin everytime I take her Walmart money to buy more plow parts.
    I think I need a new A valve and a new C valve. If there is any way to clean these or if my problem might have something to do with the crossover relief valve I know nothing about please let me know so I can get this thing figured out.
    FYI, the O rings on C vave SEEM to be ok
    Thanks in advance.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did you check the C coil for magnetism? If not be sure to do so. May not be anything more than a loose connection on the green wire in the harness.

While you had the C valve removed did you stroke the internal spool to be sure it's free to move? If not you'll want to do that too.

3. Gbettner

Gbettner Junior Member

Yes, The C coil has magnetism. I used a helper and touched each coil with a wrench to check.
    Only thing I did to C valve was make sure the outer shaft the coil slides on wasn't bulged, I blew out with an airhose real good, and bolted the coil to it while removed and touched it to battery posts. It clicked pretty good but I didn't notice anything moving internally. Is that normal?

4. Gbettner

Gbettner Junior Member

OK, update.... I disassembled C valve, cleaned, reassembled and it goes left,right,and up now! Now the only thing wrong with it is it won't lower. I removed and cleaned the A valve hoping to get lucky but it still won't lower however after cleaning A valve the lift cylinder now holds strong and doesn't bleed off at all. I'll do some searching on this problem and start a new thread on not lowering if I can't figure out. Thanks B&B! You already saved me some Walmart money for the wifee!

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Go back to square one on the A valve using the same test procedures that you used on the other valves. Check it for mag for starters. If it has it, replace the A valve as it may be stuck closed now. If it has it but it's weak replace the coil. So don't spend the cash at Wally World just yet. :D