1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 now works ! Errors-learn from them...

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by eriklane, Jan 18, 2011.

1. eriklane

eriklane Member

Hilarious. Got a free pickup and an E-47; had sat 7 yrs. Drained fluid, put in most new seals, new A and B solenoids, B valve...Ran it one night, then it failed...Took apart-lots of crap in the sump...Drained, re-cleaned...Had taken the motor apart, new brushes cap...Put back together. No pressure...Tried all valves and solenoids, all fine. Clean fluid...

Edge of your seat? Turned out when I took the motor apart and cleaned the rotor inside, I'd put it in backwards. The pump was running in reverse. DUH! Never even though to check...

Morale of the story-slow down and pay attention when you take things apart. Plowed like mad tonight. FUN!

And a spare motor that didnt work well, I also cleaned the rotor (whatever that thing is) of some grime and light rust, now works also...so I have a spare. Life is good...

2. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

I got an aftermarket motor for a boss plow once that ran backwards.. nothing that I did wrong or could remedy, the motor was just put together wrong. (What do you expect from a 9 year old Chinese girl working for 14 cents a day) Tore the whole thing apart to diagnose thinking... motor runs now but no pressure.