1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 Motor ????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Yelbic, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Yelbic

Yelbic Junior Member

Replaced the motor & Pump on my E-47 -- Everything ran for an hour then it seized. I removed motor and found that one of the brushes had cracked and it was shorting out the motor. Put it all back together and after 15 minutes of plowing it seized again...

Horrible smell of electrical burn and lots of bits of metal floqting around.

The pump turns freely and easily by hand. I have a spare motor but am worried that I might have a bigger problem... What else can impact a motor?

ANy thoughts or did I just get a bumb one???
  2. cowboyway37

cowboyway37 Junior Member

motor problem

I don't believe anything else will impact the motor. If your pump is working fine and the motor is new all should be well. Have rebuilt many in my time and have yet to see a brush crack. Lots of burnt wires and wasted brushes but cracked ? you can get a brand new motor for around $40 on ebay try that I could be just something you are doing when you are putting the motor back together.