1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E 47 motor quit today

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Gpete, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Gpete

Gpete Junior Member

E 47 motor quit today. all plow action stopped. connections ok, joystick clicks solenoid but no motor action. the motor was very warm to the touch. what's the routine to verify the motor is bad. Is it worth fooling with, or just get a new Bosch type motor ? where ?
    i am in North Idaho.
    thanks for reply

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you've already ruled out a poor connection including all grounds:

Connect a set of jumper cables from the battery directly to the motor (be careful of plow movement! If it moves, it will angle left so be ready!)

Does it run with the jumper cables connected? If not then the motor is shot.

If it will run with the jumpers connected directly to the motor, next jump the two large posts on the under hood solenoid. If it runs then, the solenoid is shot.

The motor being warm is normal...

3. mak

mak Junior Member

I had a similar problem, I had the clicking under the hood but no pump movement after troubleshooting it was the negative cable that connects the pump to the truck side. Good luck.

4. Gpete

Gpete Junior Member

THANKS guys. i'll recheck connections then test it with jumpers.
    Semper Fi