1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E 47 Meyers pump wont work

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by shadowmaker, Dec 17, 2010.

1. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Junior Member
    from VA

After 23 yrs in the business, my plow decided not to work last yr. $500 later and a severe case of irritation, I decided to give it up.

Well, after that long you just dont give it up. I was lost at home and I went crazy with nothing to do. Hated being out in it all these yrs but lost when I wasnt.

Anyways, the ram on the pump wont go up. Changed out all the valves, A,B, and C. Changed the motor, ran all new wires, checked that the coils were getting power, and still nothing. The motor will run but ram wont go up.

Last time I used it, I noticed the ram would leak down after it sat for a few hours with the blade on it.

Do you think I m in need of a rebuild kit? Its never been rebuilt. Which kit do I need? I saw one on a website and it listed 3. I dont need the one with the bushings for the motor since the motor is new. Is this something I should be able to do? Or are there like 50 billion pieces in there?
  2. TroyG

TroyG Junior Member
    from Lorton

sounds like the bushing on the ram is old and brittle. top end rebuild kit for all the orings isnt too much. i work on them from my home in northern va. email me if close and well talk.
  3. wva

wva Member

basic seal kits smithbrothersplowparts,com $29.95 $5.50 shipping simple to do.meyer has tech section on there site smithbrothersservices.com has Great info :waving: