1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 Meyer With a problem HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by TheBigGW, Jan 2, 2009.

1. TheBigGW

TheBigGW Junior Member
    from MA

In a nutshell I had to add some hydro-fluid before plowing the last storm since it was a little low. Well after plowing for 10 hours the plow blade stopping raising and turning left and right. I check it was down fluid so i added.. Well I finished out the night and the blade would not raise again bye my last driveway. I made it limped home to my driveway where it sits now. I thought it was low again. Well when i added fluid it would still not raise the blade. So Today i took off the filters and put new ones in and i noticed that the drain plug was not tight. I tightened it added the fluid and tried it and low and behold it worked the blade raised and angled both ways. I set it down and tried to raised it again and the made a whine. I set it down and checked and added fluid and now the blade will not raise or angle left or right. I am lost any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  2. Old Red Mopar

Old Red Mopar Junior Member

You didn't mention, did you bleed the lines when you added fluid?
  3. AHammen

AHammen Member

I would flush the pump, sounds like you could have water in the system.
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If it was dang cold where you are it could be water in the system. I always pull out the propane radiant heater and defrost it. Leaving it run I change the fluid and run it thru it's up /down- right/ left cycles. Every time you angle or lift you get a little water in the system. If you work it long and hard you will get some water in the system.