1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-47 meyer only angling left

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dwest22, Dec 5, 2009.

1. dwest22

dwest22 Junior Member

alright guys with the info from my last post i have pressure in my rams from left to right, i put the entire extra pump set up that i had on but now if i hit my toggle to go right it only goes left. they are not reversed just no matter what it only goes left... lol but does hold pressure there! two steps forward one back is how everything works out for me... so what is it? a bad solenoid? idk snow on wenesday and this thing is starting to worry me!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Does it angle left even when you attempt raise?

3. dwest22

dwest22 Junior Member

nope, i was switching around wires and figured out it does that if the wires are crossed, but i'm positive i have the wires correct. I just used all the extra solenoids off my old pump and changed them one at a time and still does the same damn thing....?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Bad C valve or no magnetism at the C valve coil.

5. dwest22

dwest22 Junior Member

so the C valve controls side to side? i changed the solenoid and it did the same thing, what would be the next step?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The C valve controls RIGHT angle.

Did you check the C coil for mag while attempting to angle right? If not, be sure to do so. If it has mag then the C valve is stuck/defective or you have a bad quick coupler.

7. dwest22

dwest22 Junior Member

B&B sorry to be a pain is there any way I could actually talk to you? You seem to have all of the knowledge that I can't find on the internet, if so please cal 219-872-4632, if not i understand

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's actually very easy if you follow the trouble shooting manual. Look on page 28 for lack of right angle diagnosis, it's all laid out for you. There's also excellent hydro circuit flow charts and much other very useful info in these Meyer manuals to help you better understand how they work if you're not familiar with them. Makes it handy for learning how and why they work ...or more often don't work. :D

E47/E57 Maunal

Be sure to save a copy to your computer for future use too.

9. dwest22

dwest22 Junior Member

The c valve does have magnetism, so if i pull the valve out will things come flying apart or is it safe?

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:D Nothing will come flying out, there's nothing in there but the valve assembly itself. Be gentle with the O-ring though if you don't have any extras. And take a good look at them while you have the valve out. A cut or damaged O-ring will cause this issue too.

Once you have the valve out take a small screwdriver and push in on the end of the valve (bottom) to see if the internal spool moves. You should be able to compress it slightly and feel it return. If it won't compress then the spool is stuck, usually because of debris lodged in the spool or the valve stem is bent slightly. Only option is it replace the valve.

11. dwest22

dwest22 Junior Member

thank you a ton sir, i should of just bought a rebuild kit i could of had this thing done by now

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That's why they're only $34.00. They sell a million of them every year. :nod:

Your thank you is appreciated and good luck. :salute:

13. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member

Hello I been keeping an eye on this thread. In case i have the same problem.
    How is it going now.

14. dwest22

dwest22 Junior Member

well actually i started to have a charging problem so i gave up on the angle because the plow is working for now.