1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e 47 leak

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by scottishmaximus, Mar 16, 2004.

1. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus Junior Member
    from ohio

Hi all. I'm new to this site and to plowing. I have done searches, but can't find posts related to my problem.

I have a meyer E47 pump on my truck. I went over some railroad tracks a little too fast and the plow dropped and will not come back up. Fluid squirts out between the valve assembly where it mounts to the ram. I have been studying the manual, but I am stuck. There are four hex bolts that appear to hold this on. I tried to remove these to get to 3 o rings that are inbetween the valve assembly and the ram. I was thinking that one of these may be bad. I cannot get the hex bolts out. I tried heating the assembly in attempt to free the bolts. What is the likeliness that I damaged something with the heat? Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks, Scott

2. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Unfortunatly, Those hex bolts sometimes get too tight from corrosion. If you can't get them out, then your pretty much screwed. In case you have not tried yet, they make a tool that you strike with a hammer that you can install the correct bit. The name of the tool escapes but they are very inexpensive. That may be your best bet. As for the heat question, you'll just have to disassemble the unit and look for melted o-rings. Too many variables to say for sure. IF you can't get these hex bolts out, I'd go to E-bay and get another whole pump. Couple hundred bucks and you'll be back in business. The "PA" block that you are trying to remove is very costly so replacing would not be worth it. Good Luck.

3. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

WELL, you did one of 3 things, either popped a o-ring @ the angle block/base mount, blew out the b-valve, or blew the pump/pump check.

where at in Ohio are you? I rebuild & reseal Meyer e-47 pumps for $50 + parts and there is a 24 hour turn around time.
    ncls@buckeye-express.com

4. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus Junior Member
    from ohio

so you are saying that you can remove the bolts and rebuild it for 50 plus parts. about how much will that run?

5. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Scott if you drain the system and remove the coils and valves along with the poppet and crossover valve you should have no problems with applying heat to the pump housing.
    This is not an uncommon problem, the tool Highpoint was talking about is called an impact driver and may work to get the bolts to come lose and save you the tear apart time.
    :rolleyes: John...............

6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

it should be <$100 an average reseal is $75 ish.. $50 labor $25 parts