1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 issues

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by paradise1229, Jan 4, 2010.

1. paradise1229

paradise1229 Senior Member

E-47 pump will not raise. I have to install seals and new packing nut on opposite side now. I put plow fluid in reservior when needed. Now, has air in the line?
    I raise the plow by hand jarring it up and down, hit the switch comes up slowly. I had to repeat that multiple times until the plow was all the way up.

I got it to my parent's house where I have tools. Now, Motor to run pump will not go on? I can hear the relay kick on. Not sure how to get air out if that's the problem.

I think there may have been a little bit of snow in there when I added fluid earlier in the morning.

Back up to last night: Took truck to pressure wash to get salt off. I sprayed from a distance on the pump to clean off salt and snow, and then sprayed FF on all cylinders and all over the unit.

What can be wrong going on here?