1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-47 installing new angle ram question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by plow2fish, Dec 6, 2012.

1. plow2fish

plow2fish Junior Member

Decided to replace both angle rams after having water intrusion issues late last season. I installed the the new rams today and now it's a matter of the hoses and fittings. Should I be reusing the hoses and fittings or replace them too? Everything's about 7-8 years old I'd say. Any suggestions would be appreciated.:drinkup:

2. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

for no more than it cost for hoses and fitting i would change them and keep the old ones for spares and don't forget to drain and flush the pump to get the water out of it as well.

3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

hope you had the pump pulled down cleaned and rebuilt....its worth the 250 bucks to have it done if you dont do it yourself, new lines, rams and rebuild would give you a bettter chance of a trouble free year

4. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

You had water in the system, so you replaced the angle cylinders? I hope that this was a response to fluid also leaking OUT... because if water can get in, then hydraulic fluid will DEFINITELY be spraying out.

If not, then you could have just cleaned them.

In my experience, the most common places for water to get into the system, are through the lift cylinder main seal, and the QUICK COUPLERS. If the hoses and quick couplers aren't leaking and look nice and "intact", then there is really no reason to be replacing them.

Anything that leaks should be repaired/replaced.