1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-47 help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by milwaukeevtwin, Jan 9, 2009.

1. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

I have an e-47 pump and everything has been working, fine until the other day. When i hit my toggle switch to the right it acts like it has a short. Some times it works and some times it don't. I have to play with the switch a little, then it works. It does not do it all the time. I have checked all my grounds and wiring under the hood and to the pump and tightened the bolts on the solenoid mount. Could this be a valve or stem? Has anybody had problems with the toggle switch:dizzy::dizzy:? It does not do it in the other positions. Any suggestions would help. Thanks, Ron

2. illiniplower

illiniplower Member

try changing the solenoid and valve see what happens thats more then likely the problem

3. milwaukeevtwin

E-47

Wich one would it be? Do you mean the coil and the valve?

4. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

5. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Usually if you are getting it to work then it's not a valve or coil. I would tend to say it might be the switch is bad or you have a loose connection somewhere. Check you make sure your ground is clean and tight and also that your solenoid is grounded and clean.

6. milwaukeevtwin

Well after about 12 hours of plowing today, the plow works fine. The bad part is when i work my switches, the pump makes a crunching noise. Any ideals? It works fine, but i am sure that it is not good and something is going to happend. Please Help. Ron:realmad:

7. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Change your fluid and filters and see if it still happens. If might also be your motor going bad.

8. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I was leaning toward your fluid might have water in it and it's freezing up on you. If it does this, it strains the system.

9. milwaukeevtwin

plow

I lean toward the motor, because the fluid and filters was changed a month ago. Where is the best place to buy a motor?ussmileyflag

10. Mcgyver2112

Mcgyver2112 Junior Member

check different sites, they all are different prices, but I found that angelos-supplies.com seem to have the best prices and they have fast shipping.

11. milwaukeevtwin

e-47

Well i went out this morning and noticed, that it was leaking fluid. It looks like it is coming from the top seal of the pump, on the ram. I will order parts from Angelos, tomorrow. Thanks.purplebou

12. milwaukeevtwin

kit

Thanks, Guy's I put a seal kit in with new filters and fluid. Works great.