1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 Help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cbeard, Feb 25, 2007.

1. cbeard

cbeard Member

I am new to the snowplowing world and need some help with a E-47. I just bought the snowplow the cylinder on the E-47 was extended while I was retracting the cylinder fluid was spewing out of the fill hole. I cannot get the pump to work at all. The electric motor is turning. I am working on the pump on my bench because I do not have the truck wired up yet. Some guildence with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

2. loyboy

loyboy Member
    from KCMO

too much fluid in the res. With the ram all the way retracted the fluid level should be an inch and a half below the the top of the res.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Since your working the pump "on the bench", if you want to raise the lift ram then you need to put power to the coil with the red wire (known as the "B" valve which is your raise function valve) while powering the motor at the same time.

4. gseinc57

gseinc57 Junior Member

Hey C beard,,,, make sure that not only do you power up the red wire which is the up function, but you must power up the electric moror to drive the pump and do not forget to ground the pump or nothing will work, and really you should get it on the truck as things always change when you put weight on everything.

5. cbeard

cbeard Member

I completely overhauled the pump. New seals, paint the works. I'm just waiting for the paint to finish curing. Then I will test everything on the truck. The plow I bought was a older one and know I'm looking for a plow carton for a 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD and the tube mount for the pump. I learned alot about these pumps by just overhauling this one.