1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by redvetracr, Oct 2, 2010.

1. redvetracr

redvetracr Junior Member
    from WI

I have an E-47 I have been using for 25 years that has never been apart, I tried to lift the plow (that worked fine last season (all I have ever plowed is my driveway) and it won`t lift (plow is off the truck), I hear the motor running, it`s full of fluid and I have magnetism at all three coils, I removed the front "B" (red wire) coil and valve and don`t see any gunk. can I test the "B" valve out of the valve body by just energizing the coil? any other help will be GREATLY appreciated.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes you can test the valves while they're out. Simply re-install the coil onto the valve, ground the coil and add power to the solenoid wire. A procedure that is usable on any valve for testing purposes.

When you press the raise function does the plow angle to the left instead? Will it angle in either direction?

Being as old as it is with no maintenance it's likely loooooog overdue for some attention.
  3. redvetracr

redvetracr Junior Member
    from WI

thank you...my B valve was stuck.