1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 Going crazy?????

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by stcroixjoe, Mar 2, 2006.

1. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

Just got done hooking up my plow I know it's late in the season but I got a smokin deal and wanted to get it on.Now my problem the unit I bought was a used set-up that sat for over a year I have a pinkish red foamy fluid in the pump and also my controller is a slick stick and left is right and right is left and sometimes it will not angle it takes a few times of going up and down before it will angle. Any suggestion and advice will help thanks Joe
  2. imdawrlus

imdawrlus Member

it sounds like a wiring problem to me.....when it "dosent do anything" does the pump run??

double check your wireing...look at a diagram....

i would change that fluid too, thats transmission fluid...get some of the blue meyers stuff.....
  3. rembrandt100

rembrandt100 Member

The slick stick is just wired back-wards. If it bothers you that much then switch the connections. You do need to flush the system. If it was sitting for a year it does have water and air in it and that is why it is foaming. If you are going to change the fluids yourself remember to also disconnect the lower hose and remove the coupler. Then manually move the blade from total right to total left to get the fluids from the rams. After you have done that reinstall the coupler and hook it up to the ram. Replace the drain plug, then refill the sys and replace the filler nut. Raise and lower it a few times then angle it to each side a few times, then lower it and remove the filler nut and top up the pump.

Try this first as it is the easiest and cheapest. Then let us know where you are at.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Don't get the cheap S.A.M. Blue stuff. Buy real Meyers fluid, the difference is only a couple dollars and it's worth the money. What way do you move the slik stic to "lower" the plow? could be the stick is upside down.
  5. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

on the slick stick up is up down is down I'm going to mess with it today I'll let you know how i do
  6. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Change your fluid. How are your hoses from the pump to the angle cylinders?
  7. SnowLane

SnowLane Senior Member

The angle cylinders are mounted on the wrong sides of the plow. Either switch the cylinders from side to side or reverse the hoses connecting to the hydraulic unit.
  8. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe Senior Member

yep the angle cylinder where on back wards... what a ******!!!! now i changed the fluid bleed out the line and it only angles when it wants to i can hear the solenoid clicking but no action
  9. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Check the ground to the solenoid then take out the C valve and clean it with carb cleaner and it should work then.